- Price :
- ID :
- Address :
- 581 Clines Country Road, Lashmeet, WV 24713
“Four Winds” is a delightful country estate designed for easy living with a fun filled water recreation component in the form of an unbelievable indoor pool. Situate on 2.4 acres and located just 15 minutes from the Camp Creek exit on I-77, this well designed home offers value beyond compare.
- 8,415+/- SF modern 3 story home with ample room for multiple generations of family
- AMAZING 31,000 gallon heated indoor swimming pool and waterslide
- 3,263+/- SF two story Pool House is sun-filled with 3 walls of glass
- Country living but convenient to schools, hospital, shopping and all other city amenities
- 10 minutes to Princeton, 30 minutes to Beckley and 90 minutes to Charleston
- Quality construction throughout with attention to detail in fit and finish
- Hot Tub in the pool house with super water jets
- 2.4 acres of nice land with large yard and woods
- 7 large bedrooms to accommodate family and a host of friends
- 5 1/2 Bathrooms
- Spacious kitchen with ample cabinets and storage and cozy breakfast area
- Dining Room with French doors leading to a covered/screened porch and full deck
- Formal living Room with a full wall of glass for excellent natural light
- Family Room with floor to ceiling glass and a gas fireplace
- Laundry Room with clothes shoot running upstairs
- Lower story recreation and gaming room with pool table, Foosball, air hockey etc.
- Attached 2-car Garage with shop area
- 2 open exterior decks
- Covered and screened-in exterior back deck just off the kitchen and dining room
- Large back exterior deck for grilling and lounging overlooking the woods and mountains
- Outdoor paved pad ideal for recreation
- Large paved driveway and parking area with tons of room to park RV’s, ATV’s, cars and trucks
- Huge concrete pad poured and ready to go for creating a new storage building
- Hardwood and tile floors throughout
- High R-factor insulation creates a home virtually sound proof and easy to heat and cool
- 7 Bedrooms
- 5 1/2 Bathrooms (4½ bathrooms in main home plus a bathroom in swimming pool area)
- Kitchen with Breakfast area
- Dining Room
- Living Room
- Family Room with gas fireplace
- Laundry Room
- 2 Recreation Rooms (Lower Level)
- Conversation Room (Lower Level)
- Attached 2-car Garage
- Huge swimming pool and spa area with 2 levels of decking
- 2 Open exterior decks
- Covered and screened-in exterior deck
- Outdoor paved pad (recreation)
- Home Square Footage Summary
- 2622 SF +/- 1st Level
- 2520 SF +/- 2nd Level
- 840 SF +/- 3rd Level
- 1593 SF +/- Lower Level
- (7575 SF Main house total)
- 576 SF +/- attached 2- car garage
- 3263 SF +/- Swimming Pool and Spa Area (main area plus upper level deck)
TOTAL: 11,414 SF
Room Dimension Summary
Foyer 4 X 17 and stairway
Living Room 20 X 22
Dining Room 12 X 22
Family Room with Fireplace 17 X 27
Kitchen with Breakfast Area 14 X 17
½ Bath 3 X 7
Laundry Room 6 X 7
Covered and screened-in back deck 8 X 13
Open back deck 8 X 27
Attached 2-Car Garage 24 X 24
Foyer w/ stairway 14 X 23 (1st to 2nd floor)
Master Bedroom (teal) 16 X 20
Master Bedroom Walk-in closet 7 X 8
Master Bathroom 14 X 16
Bedroom 2 (blue) 16 X 18
Walk-in Closet (blue bedroom) 4 X 13
Bedroom 3 (green) 16 X 20
Walk-in Closet (green bedroom) 4 X 6
Bathroom 2 (between bedrooms) 8 X 16
Bedroom 4 (beige) 16 X 18
Walk-in Closet (beige bedroom) 4 X 12
Bathroom 3 (beige bedroom) 8 X 8
Foyer w/ stairway 16 X 14 (2nd to 3rd floor)
Foyer 6 X 9
Bedroom 1 (tan) 15 X 20
Bedroom 2 (pinkish tan) 15 X 22
Recreation Room A 30 X 19
Recreation Room B 16 X 22
Bathroom 7 X 13
Conversation Room 12 X 14
Bedroom 12 X 16
Utility Closet 4 X 7
Utility Closet 3 X 4
Storage 7 X 16
Closet 1 X 5
Stairway 3 X21
Indoor Swimming Pool and Spa Area:
Swimming Pool and Spa Room 38 X 66 (includes bathroom, spa, stairway, and pool)
Bathroom: 6 X 8
Upper level deck: 8 X 50 plus 13 X 28
Pool: 18 X 39
Spa: 7 X 7
Open exterior entrance/recreation deck 8 X 16
Outdoor paved pad (recreation) 26 X 26
THE POOL AND POOL HOUSE
“HEY MOM! WATCH THIS!!” Cannonballs, Marco Polo, Shark! This is what having an indoor pool is all about. Kids and adults alike having fun, excitement, relaxation, exercise and physical therapy that can be enjoyed 365 days a year. Swimming is the third most-popular activity in the U.S after walking and gardening/yard work.
- Pool house is a part of the main home offering the utmost convenience and ease of use
- 18’x39’ (31,000 gallon) pool is heated
- Pool depth ranges from ankle deep at the shallow end to 9’at the deep end
- Equipped with a sliding board fitted with a water jet for super sliding
- A special slip resistant floor covering surrounds the pool for safer running and jumping
- High capacity air exchanger for humidity control providing a consistent comfort level
- High capacity water circulating pump and filtration system provides safe and crystal clear water
- 3 walls of glass windows providing natural sunlight streaming in from all directions
- Large hot tub with super water jets for unparalleled relaxation
- Propane-fired radiant heater keeps the entire Pool House warm and cozy on the coldest of nights
- Pool House is two stories with lounging decks both upper and lower
- 8 separate ceiling fans provide ample air circulation when desired
- Conveniently located changing room and restroom
- Pool is accessible via the kitchen, hallway, two upstairs bedrooms and outdoor patio
- Lighting on dimmer switches create a tranquil setting in the evenings
Google Coordinates: 37.441352, -81.205266
Address: 581 Clines Country Road, Lashmeet, WV 24713
Elevation: 2674 ft. +/-
THE COMMUNITY OF LASHMEET
Lashmeet is a small community of around 500 residents located in western Mercer County. The community derives its name from the local Lashmeet (or Lashmutt) family. It lies along West Virginia Route 10 about 10 minutes northwest of the city of Princeton, the county seat of Mercer County. Its elevation is 2,539 feet. Although Lashmeet is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 24733. As of the 2010 census, its population was 479.
A Grade School, Middle School and a High School are located within a 10 minute drive of Four Winds so there will be no long bus rides and easy to shuttle children back and forth so they can be part of all the extracurricular activities.
• Lashmeet-Matoaka Grade School 280 students
• Pikeview Middle School 540 students
• Pikeview High School 700 students
Electricity: Appalachian Power
Gas: Ferrell Gas
The property fronts on Clines Country Road WV RT 6, providing direct access to the public road system.
The county is subject to some zoning and subdivision regulations. All prospective buyers should consult the County Commission and also the Health Department for details regarding zoning, building codes and installation of septic systems.
PROPERTY TYPE/USE SUMMARY
The property is comprised of the home and surrounding estate grounds.
BOUNDARIES AND SURVEY
The property deeds contain descriptions that reference survey plats. The property is being sold by the boundary and not by the acre.
All rights the owner has will convey with the property.
DEED and TAXES
Deed Information: Deed Book 998 Page 678, and Deed Book 1018 Page 743
Mercer County, West Virginia
Real Estate Tax ID/Acreage/Taxes:
Mercer County, West Virginia
TM 24 Parcels 12, 12.1; 12.2; and 14.2
2016 Total Real Estate Taxes: $2010.49
The surrounding area offers unlimited soft recreational activities including white water rafting, golfing, fishing, camping, hiking, bird watching and rock climbing. Snow skiing at the Winterplace Ski Resort is a ½ hour away. In 1 hour you can catch the Amtrak train in Hinton and ride to Chicago or New York City. The Greenbrier Valley Airport is an hour away and the Beckley Airport is just 30 minutes away. Yeager Airport in Charleston WV, is an easy 90 minute drive on I-77.
Four Winds is supported with the thriving community of Princeton. The area is a strong economic generator with a solid workforce employed in county/state government, tourism, hospitality, education, retail, construction, wood products, mining and agriculture. The surrounding area is richly blessed with a wide array of cultural events that keep life interesting and satisfying. Visit http://www.visitmercercounty.com/
Charleston is West Virginia’s state capitol and is an easy 90 minute drive. Charleston is West Virginia’s largest city with a population of some 50,000 and a metro area of 225,000. It is the center of government, commerce, culture and industry. There is a commercial airport with daily flights to most major hubs.
Beckley is a 30 minute drive, has a population of 34,000, and is the county seat of Raleigh County. All amenities are available in Beckley. Beckley is located at the intersection of I-77, I-64 and US 19 so easy access to Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Charleston and Cincinnati is just around the corner.
The world renowned 4-Star Greenbrier Resort, home of the PGA tour, is an hour drive. Several other area golf courses are available in the area. The New River Gorge recreation area offers white water rafting, rock climbing, ziplining, camping and horseback riding. The nearby and very popular 100+ mile long Hatfield-McCoy ATV trail makes for a very active recreation area.
Year round, state maintained paved roads and a private driveway provide easy access. Weekly trash pickup, daily newspaper and daily mail delivery is available at curb-side. UPS and FedEx service this area also.
Situate within an hour’s drive of the confluence of the New River, Bluestone River and Greenbrier River, the 2000 acre Bluestone Lake, at Hinton is truly a gateway to water recreation. The 80,000 acre New River National River Park, Bluestone State Park, Pipestem State Park Resort and 17,000 acre Bluestone Wildlife Management Area are recreational cornerstones in the area. The new 10,000 acre Boy Scout high adventure camp is an hour’s drive.
THE NEW RIVER AND BLUESTONE LAKE
The New River Gorge was a vast and largely unsettled wilderness until the C&O railroad was built on the eastern side of the river in the 1880’s. The railroad opened up the rich coalfields and virgin timber stands of the region. Early “mountaineers” settled the area and soon were carving out mountain farms and raising families.
Four Winds is located in the heart of the recreational mecca area encompassing the New River and 2000 acre Bluestone Lake at Hinton. The New River is the second oldest river in the world, preceded only by the Nile; it is the oldest river in North America. The New River is unique because it begins in Blowing Rock, N.C. and flows north through Virginia into West Virginia. The Nile and Amazon are the only other major rivers that also flow north. Year after year, it produces more citation fish than any other warm water river in WV. Smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, crappie, catfish, sunfish, hybrid striped bass, and muskie are all common species of fish found in the New River and Bluestone Lake.
Bluestone Lake is over 2000 acres at summer pool and is the state’s third largest body of water. Great hunting and fishing opportunities abound at the 17,632 acre Bluestone Wildlife Area adjacent to the park and nearby Camp Creek State Forest.
From Princeton, West Virginia: 10 miles +/-
From near the center of Princeton, travel US-19 North for approximately 4.4 miles; turn slightly left onto WV RT 10 North; travel RT 10 North for approximately 3.6 miles (toward Lashmeet, WV); turn right onto Beeson Road WV RT 6 (at Lashmeet Community Freewill Baptist Church); travel Beeson Road for approximately 1.4 miles; turn left onto Clines Country Road WV RT 6 (at Cooks Chapel); travel Clines Country Road for approximately ½ mile; the large white home and driveway is on the left.
From Camp Creek, West Virginia: 16.4 miles +/-
On I-77, take the Camp Creek Exit No. 20; turn onto US-19 South; travel US-19 South for approximately 11 miles; turn right onto WV RT 10 North; travel RT 10 North for approximately 3.6 miles (toward Lashmeet, WV); turn right onto Beeson Road WV RT 6 (at Lashmeet Community Freewill Baptist Church); travel Beeson Road for approximately 1.4 miles; turn left onto Clines Country Road WV RT 6 (at Cooks Chapel); travel Clines Country Road for approximately ½ mile; the large white home and driveway is on the left.
From Gardner, West Virginia: 11.9 miles +/-
On I-77, take the Athens Rd. Exit No. 14, turn onto WV RT 7 toward US-19; travel RT 7 for approximately 3.5 miles; turn left onto US-19 South; travel US-19 South for approximately 3.1 miles; turn right onto WV RT 10 North; travel RT 10 North for approximately 3.6 miles (toward Lashmeet, WV); turn right onto Beeson Road WV RT 6 (at Lashmeet Community Freewill Baptist Church); travel Beeson Road for approximately 1.4 miles; turn left onto Clines Country Road WV RT 6 (at Cooks Chapel); travel Clines Country Road for approximately ½ mile; the large white home and driveway is on the left.